It is still unreal to me that tomorrow is the last day of 2012 and Tuesday starts a new year which is bound to be fantastic. I know 2013 is going to have some really really good things in store but I have to admit, 2012 was pretty fabulous to me. Here’s a little recap of my year.
2. We went on our honeymoon a week after our wedding in March. Costa Rica was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It was so cool to see how another part of the world lives. You can read all about our honeymoon here and here.
3. I went ziplining for my first time ever on our honeymoon. Scary at first but so exhilarating once I got into it!
4. I got my dream vehicle in April! I have been a HUGE lover of Jeep Wrangler’s for as long as I can remember and one day Mr. C. found one in a lot so we went to test drive it (with zero intention of buying it) just to see if this is what I would want for my daily driver. I instantly fell in love with it and three days later, the keys were snug in my purse and this pretty thing was sitting in our driveway. I kept peeking my head out the window to make sure it was still there and that no one took it yet. Haha!
5. Holy smokes did our lives change in May when we brought this little guy home. Jack really has brought a new light to our lives. He was born in Arkansas and eight weeks after he was born, he hopped a plane and we met him at the airport. I have never owned a pet in my life and may or may not have had a mental breakdown while waiting at the airport for him because I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to take care of him like he deserved but once I saw him I knew I wouldn’t ever give him back. He’s such a little love and just loves everyone. Here’s a little something from the first week we brought him home.
6. In May I decided to start up a book club. I had been wanting to join one for a really long time and found enough girls who would want to join one that I was able to start up my own! You can read about our first meeting here and for more information about book club (aka Bibliophyliacs), click here.
7. Our very close friends got married in Punta Cana in June! You can find more tropical pictures here!
8. In July I got my motorcycle license and two weeks later, we got me a brand new bike. A few things happened and my experience was short lived but I am hoping to get into it more in the spring because it’s such a rush to be riding a motorcycle
when you aren’t afraid you’re going to crash.
9. In August I tagged along with Mr. C. to the east coast. While he sat in meetings and discussed fun businessy stuff, I hung out right here. Check out here and here for more of my tag along vacation!
10. In October of this year, I re-established my blog and changed the name to the one it is now, Read, Eat, Create. Here’s a (long) post about the change. I love that I have a focus and I feel like I always have something to write about now, even if it’s not one of those three topics! Great feeling!