image found via
Now that it’s February, I thought I would take a look back at my January goals and see what I’ve accomplished (and fill you in on my new goals!). Let’s just say January didn’t go as planned. I’d done better than what life was like in 2012 but I certainly didn’t hit every goal like I hope I would. It’s okay though, there was still improvement and I’ll just keep pressing on in February.
Do you remember this post where I listed my goals for January? Here’s a little review of what they were and how I did.
1) 365 Project – I did stick with this project and I plan on doing a post on Saturday whoing you all my pictures so far. I’m LOVING this project!
2) Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day – This didn’t happen. By a long shot. In fact, I think I only had that many glasses of water three time total last month. Really bad, I know. I did drink water on a regular basis though (even if it wasn’t very much) and I am planning on keeping this goal for February. Who are we kidding? I’ll probably have this goal on my list for the remainder of 2013. Eventually I will be up to 6-8 glass everyday (I hope).
3) Keep up with my SheReadsTruth devotional and get back in touch with God – I played catch up a lot with this one. I found that if my notebook and Bible weren’t in a visible spot everyday, I would forget about it. This is going to stay on the list too for February.
4) Be active 4-6 times per week (walk Jack, gym, etc.) – Considering I was sick almost the entire month, I was very consistent with being active. The first week I got to the gym four time (I was proud!). The second week I started doing P90X and did that five times that week. Week three was when I started feeling really miserable and only worked out twice. Week four I worked out once and by the time week five came around, my only exercise was walking the dog (and we weren’t going very fast AT ALL). Like I said…not my month for this. Here’s to a better and HEALTHIER February though!
5) No soda (except our homemade Sprecher Root Beer) – I was really good about this one up until two week ago when I came down with the worst cold and cough of 2013 and I had a Sprite. Sprite just makes things better when your sick so I really don’t feel that bad about it. But aside from that, it was only Sprecher Root Beer. We make our own root beer and it’s so hard to say no (so why even try is my theory apparently!). I’m thinking about foing a post on how we make it in the upcoming weeks. It could be fun right?
6) Spend money wiser instead of just spending to spend – I started keeping a record of what I spent everyday in a little notebook I kept in my purse. It turned out to be really helpful because I could see where all my money was going. I definitely decreased spending money on senseless things but we didn’t end up saving as much as I wanted to by the end of the month because of doctor bill and vet bills (we just found out Jack has a food allergy…you can only imagine how fun that one is).
7) Love stronger in my marriage – This is an ongoing goal. I’m never going to reach an end to it and God strengthens me everyday in out marriage. One thing that this past month did teach me is that there are always going to be struggles. Some might not be as big as other but with struggles come the rewards. God tested our patience and taught us acceptance in January and we could not have been more grateful for the way things turned out. I’m not going to put this on my goal list for February simply because this is a goal I will be continuing to strive for for the rest of my life. My marriage and God are always going to test me and it’s up to me how I am going to react.
Whew…see what I mean? Not the best month ever. So I’m convinced February will be the best month for goals since January was such a let down. February goals are broken into two parts.
Goals carried over from January
1) Continue to drink was (reach 6-8 glass per day)
2) Continue my daily devotional with SheReadsTruth and keep it somewhere I am going to see it all the time
3) Continue logging money spent
Goals for February
1) Start meal planning
2) Workout/be active 4-6 times a week FOR REAL this time
3) Make at least 10 DIY projects (and post them on here of course)
4) Work on my Crossroad Career booklet on a more consistent basis – I should probably explain this one…This is a class I have been taking every Saturday morning since January to help me figure out which direction I would like to see my career go. The more work you put into it, the more you get out of it but I need to start buckling down and putting more work in!
5) Log 20+ miles on Daily Mile for #TeamFMF with Raechel – Go Team Saffron!
How are you guys going with you new years resolutions or goals? Do you make month to month goals? I hope I’m not the only one who does this but the month to month goal setting keeps me more accountable. Plus then I actually remember what the goals were!