You guys. I am SICK. And this is my SECOND time this year. And it’s only January 27th.
I never fully recovered from my first time in the beginning of the year but this time is dragging me down hard. I vowed this year to have it be the best year yet when it comes to my health. I was going to work out a ton, drink more water…I am NOT off to a good start. I’m sorry about the barely-there posts this past week. I had good intentions but my body had other plans.
If you follow me on Instagram (and if you don’t, you should!), you saw this picture yesterday. I was in bed until 2:30pm yesterday and it was NOT a good time.
Mr. C. took good care of me but it was obvious he had his hands full. We were having a bunch of people over last night and he was a trooper. I had a huge list of appetizers I was going to make but he didn’t let me touch anything in the kitchen. Instead, I got to supervise. I even made him use measuring cups and spoons. Trust me…that was harder than you think! Everything turned out really good though. I took a long hot shower, loaded myself up on medication followed by a few swigs of wine (doesn’t that make anything better?), and threw on some bright red lips before people got there. I’m pretty sure I faked not being sick well, but by the end of the night, I.WAS.DONE.
Enough sick talk though. Let’s get on to the more important things.
1. I don’t even like carrot cake very much but this looks soooooo good!
2. Is it me or is everyone IN THE WORLD juicing these days? Is this how you all aren’t getting sick? This one looks like a good one to try…MAYBE I can get into it too.
3. I can’t get over how good this looks! Elsie painted the inside of her cabinets of her house and it is STUNNING. Guess who will be pulling out the paint in the near future. Oh yes
4. This top and skirt that my friend Raechel got in her recent StitchFix makes me wish I could request the exact same thing. Isn’t it gorgeous?! (Speaking of StitchFix, I just got my box #2 yesterday and I’ll be sure to post pictures this week…it was a REALLY good box!)
5. Do you see these windows in this GORGEOUS kitchen? I could take my food photography to a totally different level if I had good lighting. Such a must for the next home!
6. I recently signed up for this with my friend Wendy and I can’t wait for it! If anyone lives in the Milwaukee area and wants to join us, click here to sign up!
7. I know I’m a little late to the game but I recently started watching Gossip Girl and I am addicted. I flew through Season 1 and Season 2 is going by pretty quickly for me too! I am in LOVE with Blake!
8. I have had puppy fever like none other lately! I am convinced our little Jack needs a playmate and I almost got him one when I had completed the form for another pup online except for the name part. That’s when Mr. C. caught me and put a kabosh to it.
9. This is a pretty good portrayal of what yesterday was like for me. Except I’d rather do this without the kleenex and Advil flying all over the place please!
10. Yesterday I counted our camping trips that Mr. C. is planning and it’s up to four already. And it’s only January! I’m ready for the fresh air and the s’mores though. Plus isn’t this the most gorgeous picture of what camping could look like? How would you not want to go?!