It’s been cold and crummy lately. This winter hardly brought any snow, which in my opinion sucks because I would much rather have snow than this bitter freeze-your-face-off cold that we have. Such is life in WI.
So when it’s this cold out, I tend to have zero interest in going anywhere and pretty much hibernate in my house. To work and back…that’s all I’m interested in. That’s also when all my recipe searching comes in. These muffins were a find in the beginning of the year and this is now the second time I’ve made them in two weeks. They are SO yummy. I practically had all the ingredients in my house too so it was perfect.
Grab one of these on your way out the door and you’re set for the morning.
PS. They’re only 140 calories each which means you’re not sacrificing the New Years diet your on. Unless you eat three at a time
like I did. I don’t think that counts then.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins (found originally on Sally’s Baking Addiction)
1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 egg white, beaten
2/3 cup diced strawberries
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 10 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, gently toss the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and applesauce until together until no brown sugar lumps remain.
4. Add the beaten egg white until fully incorporated.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry until combined – do not overmix.
6. Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.
7. Divide the batter evenly between 10 muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Muffins will be lightly golden in color and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean. Allow muffins to cool and enjoy!